Ruth Lorenzen, Østerende 13,, Ballum, 6261 Bredebro
The family farm Klægager was in May 2017 named "Denmark's most beautiful farmhouse" of Building Culture, Denmark - BDK. See more here.
The Old Dike counts Farm - is the main house with its original quadrangular courtyard built in 1857. The name refers to the farm's last occupant, and his father before him, who had the title of Dike counts. The Dike counts is chairman of the counsil, which is responsible for the care of the dikes. The Main house with front garden was restored in 2005 respecting the original style. In this historical framework, you can calm down and feel the place and the area's history - plan tours in the magnificent local natural surroundings.
The house consists of four livingrooms in a row. Ceremonial Hall has been preserved in its original style, but it has undergone a thorough restoration - including the old stove.
The hall can be used for private gatherings, with up to 35 people - for coffee tables, for companies or groups who want to visit the house, possibly in connection with a tour of the area.
The living room is furnished with many good seats and a wide selection of reading material, piano and song books. Toys and games are available. In connection with the cozy country kitchen is the breakfast room. Our guests are welcome to use the kitchen in the evening.
2010 - 2014, we have the project Marskens continued and implemented the farm to its original state of the four-winged courtyard with thatched roofs. The original stables have been adapted to new purposes, so that we get the company and be able to offer "food of Marsken". Guides and stories about the history of the place and the region is important to us.